Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 08-08-2020, 08:26 PM

SecureCRT is Cutting Off Cisco Router Command Output in GNS3

Hi,

I am using SecureCRT as my default terminal program in GNS3. Everything works fine except that the SecureCRT cuts off the output of commands that I execute on Cisco appliances. For example, it shows only a few lines in output if I run the command "show run" on a Cisco router

If I change the default terminal program to Putty or Solar-Putty every thing works fine. So I am sure now that the problem is the SecureCRT setup. Maybe I am not using the right SecureCRT command switches or may be I need a script. The current configured command in GNS3 is:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\Clients\SecureCRT.exe" /N "%d" /T /TELNET %h %p
Is there any solution for this?

if you suggest a script, please let me know the directory where to put the script and what the command in GNS3 should look like.

Thanks

Last edited by googleboy; 08-08-2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Add something to the title
Old 08-10-2020, 02:26 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi googleboy,

What is the exact version of the Windows OS upon which you're utilizing SecureCRT?

Could you please also share with me the exact SecureCRT version that you're running? It can be found under Help > About SecureCRT...

In order to troubleshoot this issue further, would you be so kind as to capture a Wireshark log showing the network activity when PuTTY is connected to the Cisco device and you perform your "show run" command, as well as a Wireshark log showing network activity when using SecureCRT to connect to the device and run the same "show run" command?

Once you have those logs captured, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with the subject line: "Attn Cameron: Forum Thread 14257", and we can continue further correspondence through email.
Please DO NOT post your wireshark log files to these public forums.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by jdev; 08-10-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Tags
gns3