Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 10-23-2005, 03:45 PM

Question Script That Presents User With Options For Input

I'm trying to create a script for SecureCRT 4.x (or possibly 5, when I upgrade), where running the script presents the user with options, eg. radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-down menus, etc.

For Example, if I run xyz.vbs

I get a message dialog box asking -
"Colour:" and in a drop-down menu, 'Yellow', 'Blue', 'Red'.
"Frequency:", and in radio buttons, ">5", "5", "<5"
"Comments", and in a text-area that is about 5 rows x 50 columns

and after selecting them, and haveing Alerts in case a drop-down menu was not selected or text-area not filled...it will submit these, via the script in a Telnet session.

I have figured some basic message-dialog boxes out, but the other things, such as radios, checkboxes, big text-area, etc. are bothering me.

Any suggestions ?

thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM

Hi Quark-man,

This is something that has been requested for SecureCRT before and is under consideration for possible addition to a future version of SecureCRT.

I have sent your request to the developers so you can be notified if this feature is added to a future version of SecureCRT.

If you would prefer to be contacted by email, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with the subject of "ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 1096".

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 10-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnygren
Hi Quark-man,

This is something that has been requested for SecureCRT before and is under consideration for possible addition to a future version of SecureCRT.

I have sent your request to the developers so you can be notified if this feature is added to a future version of SecureCRT.

If you would prefer to be contacted by email, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with the subject of "ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 1096".

thanks Teresa.
i guess, it's a really commonly requested feature and can unlock the potential of having feature-rich VB-scripted front-ends with SecureCRT providing an effective interface to the device.
Looking forward to future versions of SecureCRT then...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM

Hi Quark-man,

This request has come in occasionally as of late.

We will definitely post to the forums if these options (pop-up boxes, etc) are added to any future version of SecureCRT.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 08-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quark-man
I'm trying to create a script for SecureCRT , where running the script presents the user with options, eg. radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-down menus, etc.
I just wanted to follow-up on this request and provide another possible option for the custom dialog.

We now have a sample script that shows how a custom dialog can be created using the Internet Explorer object in VBScript.

This sample script is attached on the following forum post:

http://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=2403

This is just a sample script but may help to get you started on another method of creating a custom dialog.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren