Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 AM

Suggestion for SecureCRT

As a system administrator of a large number of servers, I often find myself needing to open many connections at once to perform tasks. Currently I use the "Chat" option to send the commands, which is great.

My suggestion regards the opening connections. It would be nice if there was some way to enter a wildcard string that matched my sessions by name and then opened each session that matched in a tab.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:23 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi joebee,

Thanks for the post. SecureCRT 7.3.x has the ability to filter the session list.

Does this work, or are you already using this feature and specifically looking to enter some sort of pattern to filter?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 02-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Todd,

Thanks for the information. We're currently running the 7.0.3 version so we don't have access to that functionality. I will ask around and see if we have a path for upgrading.

Barring that, would it be possible to recreate the functionality with scripting? I've taken a cursory glance at the scripting but haven't found anything that would allow me to iterate over defined sessions in an easy manner since I, personally, keep my sessions nested pretty heavily.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:42 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi joebee,

We don't offer a scripting object that allows one to iterate over the sessions in the configuration folder. We will post to this thread if we add such a feature in the future.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
Even without a scripting object, you could iterate over the sessions in the configuration folder. I have attached an example script that illustrates how to do this.

You are welcome to modify this example to make a script that would filter a list of sessions and connect to them.

I will say that it is likely easier to upgrade than write a complicated script to emulate the filter functionality.
Attached Files
File Type: txt IterateOverAllSessionsRecursively.vbs.txt (6.4 KB, 278 views)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Tags
securecrt , suggestion