SecureCRT on macOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1 does not append to log files
Since the upgrade to macOS Catalina, log files will no longer append to a previously saved file. The only option upon session start is to overwrite the existing file. In addition, on occasion all menu choices become "grayed out" and are unavailable for selection.
This has been verified on the following versions:
- Version 8.5.4 (build 1942) - Official Release - May 30, 2019
- Version 8.7.0 (build 2079) - Beta Release - November 20, 2019
Log file configuration is as follows:
log File Name: /Users/user name/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Secure CRT Session Logs/username.%H.%Y-%M-%D.log
Log File Options:
- Prompt for filename
- Start log upon connect
- Start new log at midnight (must use %D in log file name)
- Append to File
Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
Thank you for reporting the behavior! I have a couple of clarifying questions for you.
1. Did you verify that both of the issues that you reported are persistent in 8.7 Beta 1?
2. If so, do you see an error message similar to the following when you tried to append to your log file?
As for the "grayed out" issue, Catalina introduced a change in which you must specify permissions to your Documents folder per application.
If the behavior that you have described is consistent in 8.7 Beta 1, please check to make sure that you have given SecureCRT access to your Documents folder. Please refer to the following graphic:
Does SecureCRT have permission to access your Documents folder?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|