Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Notices

Old 05-11-2005, 03:36 PM

SFXCL Quiet Mode

We are using SecureFX to download files from a site that prompts a warning message and asks the user to acknowledge the warning by clicking OK. When we run this session using SFXCL with the /Q command line instruction, the prompt still appears but now it's plain text in a DOS window. The download continues and completes normally without any user input (no clicking required). How can we stop the DOS window from appearing?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:28 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoover
We are using SecureFX to download files from a site that prompts a warning message and asks the user to acknowledge the warning by clicking OK. When we run this session using SFXCL with the /Q command line instruction, the prompt still appears but now it's plain text in a DOS window. The download continues and completes normally without any user input (no clicking required). How can we stop the DOS window from appearing?
What is the exact text of the warning message that you are seeing?

Are there various warnings messages that appear, or is it always this same warning message?

Quote:
How can we stop the DOS window from appearing?
Do you mean how to stop the cmd window from appearing as another window within your desktop space?

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this from within a .bat file, but if you launch SFXCL from within a VBScript, you can use the Shell.Run() method to hide the cmd window as in the following example:

Code:
'Example SFXCL upload via VBScript
Option Explicit

Dim g_shell
Set g_shell   = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Dim g_szSFXCLExePath, g_szLogFile
g_szSFXCLExePath = "C:\Program Files\SecureFX\sfxcl.exe"
g_szLogFile = "C:\sfxcl_log.txt"

Main

'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sub Main()
    Dim szCommandLine, szArgs, nResult
    szArgs = " /Log " & chr(34) & g_szLogFile & chr(34) & _
             " /Q " & "/S ""mysession"" sourcefolder c:\downloads"

szCommandLine = """" & g_szSFXCLExePath & """" & szArgs

' Now run the actual command...
    ' "0" below is used to launch sfxcl in a hidden cmd window.
    ' You could actually change this to a 7 for a minimized window,
    ' 5 for a normal window, etc
    nResult = g_shell.Run(szCommandLine, 0, True)

If nResult <> 0 Then
        ' Handle Error case
    else
        ' Handle success case
    End If

End Sub
Does this information help?

--Jake
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Old 05-12-2005, 01:25 PM

Thanks

The text of the warning message is not an issue as it is being sent from the server warning that the site is government related. But you did help. I am not using a DOS batch file. I am using a product called WinBatch which can function simular to VB. In fact, I am using the shell function and just did not think to try running SFXCL 'hidden'. Tried it and it works fine. Thanks for jogging my brain cells. Is there documentation on the return codes from SFXCL?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:20 AM
VanDyke Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoover
The text of the warning message is not an issue as it is being sent from the server warning that the site is government related. But you did help. I am not using a DOS batch file. I am using a product called WinBatch which can function simular to VB. In fact, I am using the shell function and just did not think to try running SFXCL 'hidden'. Tried it and it works fine. Thanks for jogging my brain cells. Is there documentation on the return codes from SFXCL?
Hi rhoover,

Unfortunately, sfxcl does not report specific errors very well. As of right now, sfxcl returns 0 if there is no error, and non-zero if an error does occur. The ability to have sfxcl return more meaningful error codes is a feature that has been requested and that we would like to implement. If you would like to have your contact information added to the to the feature request for this ability, just send an email to support@vandyke.com to let us know.

We will only use this information to notify you of this abilities availability when a future version of sfxcl has this error reporting ability incorporated and is available.

Thanks,

-bocks
Old 09-28-2017, 11:38 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

As of SecureFX 8.3.x SFXCL will return an exit code that falls within the following range:
  • 0 (SUCCESS)
  • 100 (Network error)
  • 200 (Source file system error)
  • 300 (Target file system error)
  • 400 (General failures)
If you would like to evaluate this new functionality you're welcome to download 8.3 or newer and give it a try.

If you have any questions or feedback related to this functionality please let us know!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730