Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Notices

Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM

How to use SecureCRT with TortoiseGIT

I've been trying to use the TortoiseGIT tool in conjunction with secureCRT to pull repos off of our git server. I'm trying to use this rather than the built in ssh.exe since all my keys, configs, etc are in SecureCRT and not in all the ~/.ssh/config files used by TortoiseGIT.

Trying to set the SSH agent (TortoiseGIT -> Settings -> Network -> SSH Client) to the C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\Clients\SecureCRT.exe

Once set, my general options have my correct ID set. When trying to use TortoiseGIT, it does correctly ask me for my key password, however I get the following error using SecureCRT:

git-upload-pack'/ccp/isec/demo' [window title]
Hostname lookup failed: host not found

Note that I don't get this particular problem with the built in ssh.exe client of TortoiseGIT.

It looks like the "execution" line looks like the following:

C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\Clients\SecureCRT.exe -x git@git.rd.internal.com "git-upload-pack '/ccp/isec/demo'"

PGP Fingerprint: BDC7 AFFD E94F FA09 C839 9153 F5FF E128 3094 2B9E
Key ID: 0x30942B9E

Last edited by mdella; 02-23-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:29 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Marcos,

The reason you get that behavior is that SecureCRT is not a command-line application that can handle acting as a go-between in SVN like you want it to.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to allow SecureCRT to work with SVN clients. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12264" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 02-26-2016, 11:06 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Marcos,

Would you get in touch directly by sending an email to support@vandyke.com and reference "Forum Thread #12264" in the subject line?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-11-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdella View Post
I've been trying to use the TortoiseGIT tool in conjunction with secureCRT to pull repos off of our git server. I'm trying to use this rather than the built in ssh.exe since all my keys, configs, etc are in SecureCRT
Yes, that would be nice. I resorted to creating an extra key pair for the builtin ssh.exe of TortoiseGit and added that public key on my git server.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to allow SecureCRT to work with SVN clients.
The request is for Git, not Subversion (SVN). But TortoiseGit is based on TortoiseSvn, so maybe there's not much difference.