Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Old 11-04-2018, 12:51 AM

Secure-FX Vshell automated file transfer

Hi

I am using Secure-FX and Vshell Server to send files from a Desktop to the Vshell server and running into a couple of questions:

1. For the Desktop SecureFX, may I know if the name of the public key generated is ABC.pub and when I transfer this to the server to add it under the Vshell public key folder under a particular user - can the name of the pub file be different from what it is on the desktop? This is because for some users they already have a identify file that is configured for a different connectivity but on the same desktop/server pair. I generated new Private/Public key combinations for this new connectivity and put it under a different folder on the desktop. However on the server side since the user is the same, i had to rename the pub files i was putting in order to not replace the old ones. However, now I am not able to connect using this new private/public key pair.

2. While writing the script to automate file transfer, does the session use global private key or the one that I provided as part of the /I command?

Appreciate your help!
Old 11-04-2018, 02:35 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi shubh,
Quote:
This is because for some users they already have a identify file that is configured for a different connectivity but on the same desktop/server pair.
I don't understand what you mean by "different connectivity". If their connections are always from the SecureFX machine to VShell, why do the users need multiple sets of public/private keypairs?

Assuming somewhat contemporary versions of both SecureFX and VShell are in use, if the user has configured SecureFX with "private keyfile A" and "public keyfile A" is available in their user folder on the VShell machine, then public-key auth should succeed. The best way to determine keys match is by their fingerprint.

We will need to get more specific info about your key use and debug logs that might not be appropriate for the public forums. Please email support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #13306" in the subject line.

For #2, I assume you are referring to SFXCL. In that case, the key file specified on the command-line will take precedence and be tried first.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730