Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 07-20-2018, 11:41 AM

Question Generating the encrypted password for ini file via script

So I have read a ton of threads ( most very old at this point) on here about how to create ini files via scripts and the problems with the password field.

Except for just copying the encrypted password from a previously GUI created session (which is not really a usable option when re-generating hundreds of session files every 60 days, each having a randomly generated password), has there been a function put into the script language?

I mean, it should be pretty easy for Vandyke to create a little script function that we can call to generate the encrypted version. The algorithm is already in the product itself.

StrEncPass = crtEncrypt("clearpass")

If I read correctly, there have been several feature requests generated for this.

\_(ツ)_/

-Brian
Old 07-20-2018, 12:03 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi darkknight,

SecureCRT does not currently support the ability to encrypt plain text passwords into the format needed for an ini file via a script.

I have recorded your interest in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Should a version of SecureCRT become available with this feature, we will be sure to let you know.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730