View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:37 PM

Hi Eric,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoranyi View Post

Just so I am sure I understand correctly. SecureCRT is installed and being used on the Mac and you are connecting to Ubuntu when this issue occurs, is that correct?
correct

Quote:
Connecting to the same Ubuntu machine using either the previous version of SecureCRT or the native Terminal on Mac do not display the issue, correct?
correct. There are actually two machines, both of which are Ubuntu 12.04LTS

Quote:
Can you better help me understand what issue you are seeing when using backspace? If you press and hold a for example then press and hold backspace do they have the same repeat rate?
surprisingly, the repetition rate when using for example "1" is higher than when using backspace. The latter is as if it "does a step left, delete the character, sleep, do a step left, delete, sleep,...". I cannot explain it, it's just slow.
FYI: the connections SecureCRT 8.1.4 uses are exactly the same as in 7.5. It's an upgrade.

To give you an indication about the speed: if i just continue to press "1" for an arbitrary amount of columns, it takes 12s. Deleting the same amount using backspace took 24s. Repeating this simple test in a SecureCRT 8.1.4 connection to a Mac using ssh v2 yielded 12/12s.

Quote:
Is the issue present all the time or are there other factors that need to be in place to recreate the issue?
so far i was unable to not reproduce the behavior.

Quote:
What protocol are you using for the connection?
ssh v2

Last edited by cduerr; 08-16-2017 at 12:41 PM.