View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 01:28 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Simon,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Sorry, no, I do not have any suggestions at this time as we have not yet collected any tangible data that can be analyzed and there is a need to clarify some of your statements.

When we attempted to replicate the issue based on our understanding of the info provided so far we were unable.

Quote:
I have 4 tabs open and SecureCRT is over 120% CPU.
How can it be > 100% CPU? Do you have multiple cores? What tool are you using to get these CPU measurements?

Quote:
FYI I'm running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014).
Your 2014 MacBook Pro did not come with Sierra installed, correct? When did you upgrade the OS? Does it coincide with these issues? Have you restarted the machine since upgrading SecureCRT? (As a note, SecureCRT version 7.3.x did not support Sierra OS.)

Please attach a screenshot of the About This Mac dialog so we will have further info about the hardware.

Quote:
I tried reducing the size of the tab to a quarter of the size on screen and CPU dropped to about 23% from 60%.
I do not understand the above statement. Please elaborate. You can't resize the tab itself. Do you mean the application window? If so, are you talking about resizing using a corner of the window?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730