View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
what I want to happen is for the connect dialog to pop up with all my predefined sessions... when a user selects the session they want execution is passed back to the script
There's not a scripting object for the Connect window, so you won't be able to interact with the Connect dialog via the script.
Quote:
I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be...
Absolutely. You're asking about ad-hoc connections and sessions. Ad hoc are often used when you don't have a session for the machine:
crt.Session.Connect "/Serial COM6 /BAUD 9600"
You're also asking about the Connect window (which implies you have a Session).
Quote:
perhaps I should just connect manually, then run the script that is intended to only capture and parse data using, primilary, show commands
Perhaps. Or maybe there's another even better way. Rather than focus on a particular solution right now, it would probably help to go back to the beginning and list what it is that you need to do. Collectively in your various posts you've mentioned parts of the task and goal. I'm not sure that my picture is complete but it sounds like the steps are:
  • connect to many machines
  • run a sequence of commands on each machine
  • capture machine responses into a database
I think you mentioned elsewhere that you would need to modify commands for each machine, so you wanted individual scripts for each machine. That didn't make a lot of sense to me, and I see it as a critical point. Depending on that one point, you may or may not be able to use the example script that has worked so well for so many network engineers:Read Data From Separate Hosts/Commands File And Log To Individual Files.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]