View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:08 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Tommy,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, the script was not designed to alter the tab status indicator. It was intended as a workaround, but thanks for the 9/10. I passed that along to the script author.

By the way, what do you use as the tab status indicator? (Global Options -> Terminal / Tabs/Tiling category). Is it icons? Background colors? Or rectangles?

There is not presently a way to control the tab status indicator via a script.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for the ability to change tab color/status indicator (icon) from a script. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13145" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

You mentioned the captions being truncated. Are you opening tabs in tab groups? Or is just the overall width of the application is such that the 15-20 tab captions have to be truncated?

Quote:
And of cause I must remember to start the script.
You could map it to a button on the button bar, or even configure it as the Logon script (Connection / Logon Actions category of Session Options).

If a mapped button, you could even add the arguments such as the command to run, etc.

See our YouTube video about Button Bar here.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730