View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:26 AM

Passing SSH arguments to SecureCRT [Cisco VIRL]

Hi all,

I am using a software from Cisco called VIRL. With this software it is possible to use SecureCRT as an external terminal to SSH and telnet to the different virtual nodes (router,switch,server).

Telnet is working find but SSH is not working as expected. I have the following arguments:

SSH Command: C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe

SSH arguments: /N %t /T /SSH2 /P %p %h

That is working find and the above arguments are resolved to the following command for example when trying to SSH to a host:

Opening External Terminal: C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe /N lxc-routem-1 /T /SSH2 /P 58178 10.9.100.12

The issue is that 10.9.100.12 is not the final node but a jump host. Actually to reach the final host I need to ssh from the jump host to it with the following command: ssh cisco@HOST-IP.

Actually The Cisco VIRL software is saying the following: "The external terminal app is not currently configured to accept redirect commands. You may add this by using the %r placeholder in the command, or issue the redirect command manually"

So if I add the %r placeholder in the command:

SSH arguments: /N %t /T /SSH2 /P %p %h %r

I can see that the following command is sent to SecureCRT:

Opening External Terminal: C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe /N lxc-routem-1 /T /SSH2 /P 58178 10.9.100.12 ssh cisco@10.255.0.72

But nothing happen. The host is 10.255.0.72 in this case. I guess that SecureCRT doesn´t understand the final argument in the SSH command: "ssh cisco@10.255.0.72".

My question is how can I make that work? I hope that I have explained it clearly.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Laurent