View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 PM

Thank you, Brenda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi syrett3,

Thanks for the clarification.

The answer is not well-known to this member of the support staff.

I was, however, able to replicate your results.

I can see the files via the file browser (with a lock icon) if I choose "All Files" (*.*) but not via Windows Explorer.

However, if I saved the file into one of the existing subfolders (scripts, keymaps, etc.) I can see the files via Windows Explorer.

Try putting your Logs subdirectory *into* one of the existing folders.

It would be better, ideally, to use an AppData location such as SecureCRT uses for the config folder. See the General category of Global Options.

As a note, SecureCRT v7.1 x64 does behave correctly.

Also, we do have SecureCRT for Unix/Linux now!
Hi Brenda,

You've given me lots of ideas and ways to proceed. Since right at this moment I'm under the gun to get a lot of stuff finished by noon tomorrow, it may be some time next week before I try out your suggestions. One thing is pretty clear: I should upgrade to a more current version of SecureCRT, maybe even 7.1!

Oh, and it's nice that you have SecureCRT for Unix/Linux now, but I got tied to Windows apps like Quicken and Excel way back in the 1990s, pre-Linux. Maybe I'll be forced to migrate to Linux when MS stops supporting all earlier versions of Windoze and tries to force us all onto Win8. But till then, I'll just dream of how it used to be when I was gainfully employed at a company that put a Sun workstation on my desktop. Nirvana!

// Ted Syrett