VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   SecureCRT on the Mac (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Title bar transparency + open a default session (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=6463)

bigbang 11-26-2010 01:22 AM

Title bar transparency + open a default session
 
1. SecureCRT for Mac cannot keep the title bar of a session window opaque while setting its content transparent. But I think it could be done: Leopard's Terminal can do this.

2. Could you add a feature to open a session (local or a selected remote) at startup so that a user doesn't have to press Cmd+L everytime he/she runs SecureCRT?

Thank you for the wonderful app!

bgagnon 11-26-2010 11:44 AM

Hello bigbang,

Quote:

1. SecureCRT for Mac cannot keep the title bar of a session window opaque while setting its content transparent. But I think it could be done: Leopard's Terminal can do this.
Is this first item also a feature request?

Quote:

2. Could you add a feature to open a session (local or a selected remote) at startup so that a user doesn't have to press Cmd+L everytime he/she runs SecureCRT?
You can currently configure a session or sessions (or folder of sessions) to be opened at startup in the 'General / Default Session' category of SecureCRT's Global Options.

If you enable 'Use auto session' and add the desired sessions to the list, what are the results?

bigbang 11-27-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon
Hello bigbang,
Is this first item also a feature request?

It's more like a suggestion. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon
You can currently configure a session or sessions (or folder of sessions) to be opened at startup in the 'General / Default Session' category of SecureCRT's Global Options.

If you enable 'Use auto session' and add the desired sessions to the list, what are the results?

Ahh, yes. It will be perfect if I can add a local session directly.

Thank you.

bgagnon 11-27-2010 10:08 AM

Hi bigbang,

Sorry, we don't have a suggestion box?! :)

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for the ability to keep the title bar of a session window opaque while setting its content to transparent. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #6463" in the subject line.

I am not sure I understand the new comment regarding #2. Are you saying you would like to be able to add a local session as an auto session without having to create the session via the 'Connect' dialog?

bigbang 11-28-2010 02:16 AM

To make a local session be auto-connected, I now have to:

1. Create a local session, save it to a session named 'local' or something.
2. In Global Options -> Default Session -> Use auto session, click "Add..." and select my 'local' session.
3. If I change the default session settings, I have to modify my 'local' session accordingly.

Is it right? I just want to make it simpler: there is a "Add local" button, and I click it to add to auto sessions and then I have an auto-connect session which is equal to what I get by pressing Cmd+L.

Thank you. :)

bgagnon 11-29-2010 08:14 AM

Hi bigbang,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for the ability to add local shell session(s) as auto session(s) without having to create the session via Connect dialog. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #6463" in the subject line.

Maureen 04-29-2021 06:20 PM

The ability to configure local shell as an auto session has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT.

Please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com if you'd like to try it.

Maureen


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:02 PM.