VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   File Transfer (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   File Type column (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=10478)

Olaf van der Spek 05-20-2012 11:50 AM

File Type column

I've got a file named forum.cgi. In the local window, it's type is displayed as CGI File. In the remote window, it's just File. Every file without known (local) type is shown as just File remotely. Could this be fixed?

An option to show extension instead of type might be nice too.

SFX: 7.0.0.281

rtb 05-21-2012 09:26 AM

Hi Olaf van der Spek,

Thanks for posting the problem. The remote window uses the File Transfer / File Types category to determine what Type should be displayed. Do you have a CGI definition in that list?

With regards to the extension, that is in the Name column. Are you requesting that the Type column have an option to display the extension rather than the type?

Olaf van der Spek 05-21-2012 03:31 PM

1. Nope. Otherwise it wouldn't be unknown I guess.
2. Yes. Extension is shorter and it'd allow one to sort by extension.

rtb 05-21-2012 04:26 PM

Hi Olaf van der Spek,

Thanks for the update. If you define a CGI file type, do you get the behavior you want?

I have created a feature request to allow one to display the file extension rather than the file type. Should we add this capability to SecureFX in the future, we will post to this thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

Olaf van der Spek 05-21-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtb (Post 36497)
Thanks for the update. If you define a CGI file type, do you get the behavior you want?

Probably...

Just noticed the Open With dialog isn't resizable. Could you make it resizable?

rtb 05-22-2012 08:37 AM

Hi Olaf van der Spek,
Quote:

Probably...
Would you define the CGI file type, and post whether or not the Type column displays the correct data?

If not, please report the problem using the form at the following location:
Submit Bug Report
Quote:

Just noticed the Open With dialog isn't resizable. Could you make it resizable?
I have created a feature request to add this capability to SecureFX. Should we do so in the future, we will post to this thread.

Olaf van der Spek 05-23-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtb (Post 36501)
Hi Olaf van der Spek,

Would you define the CGI file type, and post whether or not the Type column displays the correct data?

Yes, that does the trick.

rtb 05-23-2012 08:45 AM

Hi Olaf van der Spek,

Thanks for posting your results. I am glad to hear that this was just a configuration issue rather than a bug.

Olaf van der Spek 05-24-2012 09:13 AM

Can't it show CGI File for .cgi files automatically without me having to define the type?

rtb 05-24-2012 10:10 AM

Hi Olaf van der Spek,

It is possible that SecureFX might be able to show a file type in the future without having to define the file type. I have created a feature request to add this capability. Should a future release of SecureFX have this feature, we will post to this forum thread.