VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   SecureCRT on the Mac (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Touch bar & touch id support (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=13202)

sergeyklochko 08-02-2018 04:20 AM

Touch bar & touch id support

Hello!

Is any chance to have F1-F10 keys on macbook pro with touchbar when SecureCRT is active? I need it with SecureCRT only.

Is any chance to have touchId-enabled access to SecureCRT?

bgagnon 08-02-2018 07:43 AM

Hi sergeyklochko,

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add support for Mac's Touch Bar. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13202" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

Quote:

Is any chance to have touchId-enabled access to SecureCRT?
For the touchID access, you are talking about for SecureCRT for iOS, correct?

sergeyklochko 08-02-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 49972)

MacBook Pro with touch bar have touch id.

1password use it already. It's very useful with strong passwords.

bgagnon 08-02-2018 11:10 AM

Hi sergeyklochko,

Thanks for the info.

I have also added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to support Touch ID for SecureCRT/Mac. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13202" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

Skyflash 12-25-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 49972)
Hi sergeyklochko,

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add support for Mac's Touch Bar. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

Hello Brenda,

Sorry for the grave digging on an old thread. User of sCRT on my Mac since the beta phase (my regards to Maureen) and owner of the iOS version since yesterday. Looks great so far, but Iím missing TouchID as a replacement/enhancement of the configuration password (faceID might also be missing on the new iPads).

Am I just blind, or has really nobody asked for that yet?

Best regards
Simon

bgagnon 12-26-2018 07:59 AM

Hi Simon,

Yes, this very forum thread has been added to the feature request (since sergeyklochko's request was two-fold), but we have also received requests via email. :)

I've +1-ed the feature request to add support for Touch ID for private key (TouchID, fingerprint sensor) and/or to lock app (face ID).

flohse 12-31-2018 08:17 AM

Hello Brenda,

please add another +1 for me.

Regards Frank

ekoranyi 12-31-2018 09:13 AM

Hi flohse,

I have recorded your interest to the feature request in our product enhancement database. Should a future release of SecureCRT include support for Mac's Touch Bar, notification will be posted here.

danchao 01-07-2020 06:47 PM

I'd like to see touch bar support as well.

If it's possible to configure for either the button bar, fn keys, or some other functions would be great.

bgagnon 01-08-2020 07:50 AM

Hi danchao,

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include Feature Request - Forum Thread #13202 in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.